At Rustigian Rugs, we take the installation of carpeting very seriously. We strive to achieve the highest quality installation while minimizing any impact on our clients.
Our installation service is divided into five phases.
- Material selection. It is very important to select a carpet or rug that will look great once it is installed. When advising our clients we consider architectural details, traffic patterns, materials, durability and client esthetics to help in the selection of the best rug for the intended use.
- On-site measurement. We visit your site and do as-built drawings of the area. For complicated jobs like spiral staircases, we often make templates to ensure precise fabrication of any component parts. We can also do a take-off from architectural drawings for more complex construction projects.
- On-site assessment. We are trained to look for site features that may dictate a product or installation challenge – think floor vents, radiators, dormers or narrow traffic patterns. We take into account the way a room is used to best place a seam – if necessary. No detail is overlooked.
- Preparation. Each rug is inspected and prepped for installation before we arrive. We make the major cuts in our workroom and bind/serge as many edges as possible before we even arrive on site. One of the many services we offer our clients is fabric protection services to mitigate any future staining from spills -- which we also do prior to arrival at your site
- Installation. Our installer comes your site with a drawing of the space and a layout of where to place pattern cuts and seams. We bring everything that is needed for the installation: glue, seaming tape, heat seaming irons, the correct padding for the specific job and a vacuum to erase any trace of our presence! At the end of the project we will offer to bundle the remaining material for client storage...great to have on hand down the road if, for example, one stair tread needs to be replaced.